Is This You?
You have a keen eye for detail. You find joy in running smaller machinery, while working within a warehouse environment. Minimizing the amount of waste during production is something that you are capable of, and strive for. You are able to focus on a task until it is complete, as well as ensure the quality of the product being produced.
If this job description resonates with you, please consider applying for this position. Our company is looking for an eager applicant that is ready to jump in and get the job done, and that could very well be you.
Summary of Essential Functions to Be Performed:
- Pushes buttons, turns handles, moves controls and levers to start printing machine or manually controls equipment operation
- Loads, positions and adjusts unprinted materials on holding fixture or in loading and feeding mechanisms of press
- Reviews work order to determine ink, stock and equipment needed for production
- Cleans and lubricates printing machine and components using oil, solvents, brushes, rags and hoses
- Removes printed materials from press, using hand truck, electric lift, or hoist and transports them to designated staging area
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor or any other manager
- Participation in all HOP programs and events
- Adherence to Hub Labels safety rules and regulations, this includes wearing steel toed shoes and other PPE protection if applicable
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Successfully complete the Hub Labels Apprentice Press Training Program or successfully pass Level 1 certification
- Must be mechanical
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to read, as well as follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to evaluate and resolve basic production problems
- Specific sight requirements include: close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to walk and/or stand for extended periods
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Will occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds with mechanical assistance
The work environment is that of a manufacturing facility. Conditions change as the outdoor climate changes. There are moderate exposures to heat and cold, as well as, exposure to moderate noise levels, moving equipment, and other general manufacturing hazards.
Normal base work hours as assigned
- 1st shift: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- 2nd shift: 3:00p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- 3rd shift: 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
- Overtime as required